Safety and security
This site has been set up to provide a safe and secure way to interact and meet other Christians online. The majority of people who use our site will be the sort of normal everyday Christians you might meet in churches or social gatherings up and down the country. However just occasionally someone may join the site who does cause problems and who gets in touch with others before we’ve found out about them. As a result and because we take your security and safety very seriously, here are some things to consider when using the site and taking contact with others further. It’s all about protecting you. Keep these tips in mind and you’ll be sure to have a great time on the site.
Use your common sense. Contacting people online is really no different from meeting a stranger in public. You’ll like some people and you won’t like others. Trust your instincts just as you would meeting someone face to face at a party. If you don’t feel OK about someone or the contact you’re having with them, don’t take it any further.
Until you are absolutely sure about who you are contacting, never reveal contact information about yourself (ie home/work address, telephone numbers etc.)
- If you decide to give your telephone number to someone, give them your mobile number rather than your home or work telephone number
- Take time to establish good initial communication – get to know the person you are in touch with before you arrange to meet. Take things at a pace you are comfortable with.
- Be honest about yourself.
- Keep track of the information the person you are contacting gives you and make sure it’s consistent with everything else you know about them.
- Ask lots of questions, both before and during a date – it helps identify liars, as well as working out compatibility.
- Trust your instincts to how you feel about people. If you’re unsure why not ask a friend to read over the emails or messages to see if you overlooked anything that might be out of the ordinary.
- Don't assume everything someone says is true – just because you are 100% honest, doesn’t mean everyone else is. Some people can pretend to be someone they're not.
- Beware of people who use too many dating cliche's - they may not be all that they seem to be.
- If you feel uncomfortable about the use another member is making of the site, or their contact with you, tell us. Once you're logged in you can use our Contact us form.You can also block them from contacting you - just use the block function that is on every profile.
Contact off the site
When you arrange to meet someone always meet in a public place, never at your home, and make sure your friends know where you are going and have the details. It’s a good idea to ask a friend to call or text you half an hour or so into your meeting to see if you are OK. If you are not, they can come and distract you.
Arrange for a friend to meet you at the end of a date and drive you home – this way you get a second opinion on your date plus added safety.
Don't drink too much alcohol on your first date and never leave your drinks unattended.
Watch out for dates who avoid your questions, make odd remarks, and avoid eye contact.
Trust your instincts – and go with them – the chances are they are right.
For more information on making the most of your membership click here.
Finally rest assured that if you do ever have concerns about someone else on the site you can always report them to us using the 'Report' button on each profile, or by contacting us directly by emailing info@ICN Dating.co.uk.